Quote:
Originally posted by socalpunX:

Damn Madman. I try to interject a little humor into things and I'm "unhinged?"

(Adjusting my tinfoil hat)
Sorry... Didn't realize you were trying to be funny. It did have a "tin foil hat" type ring to it.

Quote:
But since you call me out on the carpet. I'm recaling a weapons inspector that was found dead in England. I can't remember the story entirely but weren't there suspicious circumstances involved?
You're talking about David Kelly.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/uk/2003/david_kelly_inquiry/default.stm

That's a big issue for the "tin foil hatters". He was an arms expert. Some have compared him to having a "Walter Mitty" type imagination. Who knows. There is a lot of info regarding the whole inquiry in the link above.

Kelly's death revealed corruption at the BBC.

Quote:
I don't think even if Bush gets reelected, Powell will be with them much longer. I think he's on the outs with the administration and is trying to distance himself from them as well.
Many Secretaries of State only stay one term. I hope Powell leaves. He has not cleaned up foggy bottom. It's still the same rat infested anti-American shithole it has been for over 40 years.

Quote:
I did notice Madman, that you didn't comment on Powell's Sunday conversations and apologies about the missinformation and outright lies that were told to the U.N. during the lobbying effort to gain support for the war that the world didn't want.
Powell can say whatever he wants. He is only trying to make himself appear better in the media. He never claimed anyone lied. He said the information was not accurate. He is flip flopping for his own benefit. Every major country in the world said the same thing about Iraq prior to the war. Powell seemed happy with the information then. Now he is in self serving mode looking to separate himself from the administration. He has something up his sleeve. Whatever his motives are, they are self serving and he could be paving the way for his own future on the political scene.

Personally, I never liked Powell very much. I've voiced my dislike of him many times.

Quote:
He was picked up by Iraqi soldiers or police. Sure. That's great. Who do they report to? Which Iraqi authority? You still haven't conceded that there is NO autonomous Iraqi authority. Once he was picked up who was he handed over to? The border controll police didn't hold him. The occoupational force is responsible for international detainees and interrorgating and investigating security concerns. It has been proven time and time again that the Iraqis are incapable of this task at the current time.
The Coalition Provisional Authority is the top of the food chain right now (for another 5 weeks or so). There is also the Iraqi Governing Council. There are Iraqi police who operate police stations and work checkpoints. Why do you find that so hard to beleive? There were American MP's in the detention area where they brought Berg. We know that.

Quote:
Berg's father?

Because he's a lefty leazlout means he was responsible for his son's death? It has been claimed by him and others that his an his son's viewpoints were not the same regarding the war.
Of course Berg's father is not responsible for Nick's death. The conduct and things Berg's father said are very suspicious. Berg's father has some suspicious connections.

How do we know Nick Berg supported the war effort in Iraq? We don't. We only know his father rattled that off immediately upon word of his son's death. We don't know if it is true. It was very strange that these were the first words out of his father's mouth.

We know Berg came under the FBI radar two years ago with a connection to Al Qaeda. We know Berg's death ended with an Al Qaeda connection. What's missing is his activities between these two points. Could they just be coincidences? Maybe. A damn big coincidence that needs more scrutiny.

Quote:
Has anyone come up with a legitimate reason why Berg was in Iraq? What work he did? How his al Queda ties in the U.S. were so quiclky dismissed?
The Al Qaeda tie was dismissed at the time two years ago. I guarantee that the FBI is taking a second look at all of this now.

No. We don't know what Berg was doing wandering around Iraq. He was offered a way out of the country, but turned it down. Why would he do that?

There are many unanswered questions.