Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:
Quote:
Originally posted by makai006:
[b]My brother is over there. Kick some hadji ass i say!!!
Um...yeah...Hadji isn't even an Arabic name.[/b]
I thought we covered this way back in August or so. Haji is US-slang for any Arab, just as Jerry was for Germans, and Charlie was for the VC. I haven't met any Germans named Jerry, and I highly doubt you will meet a Vietnamese named Charlie.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by socalpunX:
Why was the man who beheaded him wearing a gold ring something that is strictly forbidden to Islam.

Not sure where you get this from, but every married man I saw over there had a gold ring.

How many fat Islamic fighters or terrorists have you seen? How many fat Iraqis havey you seen in ANY pictures? Other than the fat guys that killed Berg.

I've personally secured one fat Fedayeen Sadam major: Abbas Ramadan Kasim. I have seen loads of fat Iraqis. Two or 3 were muktars - kinda like a neighborhood mayor, but more powerful. The guy that used to cook my hamburgers in the Mosul Hotel was fat.

They continue to say that it was the Iraqis that had detained and held him. THE IRAQIS DON'T HAVE ANY GOVERNMENT OR CONTROLL OF IRAQ AT ALL WHATSOEVER! The police force , the little there is, acts under the direction of the U.S. occupational forces.
Mosul is a city of about 2 million people, give or take - I think the 3rd largets city in Iraq. v They have a sizable police force - both in patrol and traffic divisions. The city of Mosul is under Iraqi control for the most part. The US has limited itself to an established base at the airport and conducts missions to identify and neutralize hostile forces. The mayor and the city council run the place, as long as there are no problems. The police may detain any criminal they see fit.

They do not detain Americans , or anyone else for that matter, unless they are directed to by U.S. millitary or other government entities. U.S. millitary MP's had contact with him regardless of
who was officially responsible for his detention.
Not true. If they have cause, you will be detained. Professional courtesy dictates that US citizens are handed over to the US, but that is all. We don't babysit the Mosul Police. We trained them, uniformed them, and gave them a few Glocks. and pickups. They have a fully functioning Police Academy with US and Iraqi instructors. Mosul is the model city for Iraq. It has crime, but not much more than you'd expect in a city that size where the average citizen has an AK-47. Imagine how New York would be if there were RPGs and artillery rounds laying around for a few months.

Sorry if this looks totaly screwed up. I can't seem to find the edit post button this morning.