I think the whole history of the Middle East is fairly simple. Here's a metaphor...

The middle east is like a baby, and the world is a group of mature adults. The middle east has something that the world wants, so the world gives the middle east money in exchange. But since the middle east doesn't have an established power, it has many powers fighting over that specific income from the world. The whole situation is like giving a teenager a couple of million dollars. What do you think he will do? Invest in books? A library? Or a sports car? Of course this is coming from the mind of a teenager that lives in America, I haven't seen violence in my life, and I have little to no need of defense from strangers that walk in the street. But this comes to show that I (a immature adult) has no thought of the future, and neither does the middle east. The middle east really didn't have to work for the money that It got, so It didn't have the maturity to know where to spend that money. My resolution is simple, I believe that the UN should take over all the oil fields of the middle east, and claim them as the worlds oil fields. The only people profiting from this would be the companies drilling the oil. This way, the middle east won't get enough money to fuel it's adolesent ideas, in turn they won't get enough money to hurt us. The only way then that the middle east could possibly rise to be heard is to actually produce a positive effect in the world via research, or advancments in society.

I know that what I said makes little sense, as to my writing gets confused in a big garble of ideas. And I know that I'm a little late on the whole subject (about a month) but I felt that I might as well vote my opinion, because it helps me understand what I truly believe in... Kerry sucks...