Quote:
Originally posted by MidnightX:
Madman, I am the Palestinian member of this board, and I choose not to respond in these threads anymore because there's no point in arguing. I hear bigoted statements all the time and I ignore them because they come from the mouths of uneducated stupid people. I even hear people tell me that my culture doesn't really exist (as indicated by your "'so-called' Palestinians" statement).

And really, honestly, you guys can argue and debate all you want, but NO ONE understands what is going on in Israel unless you've lived there and gone through what they are going through right now.

My father has so many beautiful memories of his childhood in a once peaceful Ramallah. He never wanted to leave his home, but he had to because the living conditions deteriorated and life got too hard. He can't even explain to me in words what his life was like right before he moved here.

You know a lot of things are happening over there that we don't even hear about. Horrible things. And this is why I don't think any of us have enough information to say we are right or wrong about our opinions. There's no way we'll ever understand.

I don't condone killing, suicide bombing (I think it's horseshit, actually) , and I do not support Arafat.

I support my culture, the beautiful language, the wonderful food, the wonderful sense of family and closeness that we all share. My father was brought up a respectful man who passed down those morals to his children. It is a friendly culture and a loving culture, and there are a few psychos that ruin it all. But they exist in every culture. Nothing we can do about that...

Just know that there are good Palestinians out there. And the Muslim religion is a good religion. And a normal, sane, good Palestinian Muslim would not kill himself and take other lives with him. He would shed a tear at all the bloodshed.
Nicely put DizzyIzzy.