I've always liked rush. I'm not sure if I like him as a sports commentator, however, his career" there didn't last long enough to form a strong opinion).

Two things I'll add here:

1. Sports radio is a bacterial swamp of opinions. Its the nature of the job. They have every right to express their opinions and you have every right to change the channel. I think the "outrage" over his comments is a bit over hyped by the media and way "over-reported." Jimmy the Greek got less coverage when he prattled and spewed the shit about "Civil war era slave owners breeding their big black bucks to their biggest women to produce bigger stronger blacks and that's where todays athletes come from."

2. The current NFL is completely infested with racism. How on earth can Dennis Green get away with suing the Lions organization? He was invited to an interview, he turned it down, they hired a different coach, who happened to be white, and suddenly Dennis believes he was discrimminated against? BS. That's only one example, but there's more.

Personally, I believe the media DOES "over hype" black quarterbacks to a certain extent. If I hear one more local clear channel or disney owned sports caster glorify Dante Culpepper as God's second born, I'll hurt somebody. He had more fumbles last year BY HIMSELF than 28 other ENTIRE TEAMS did last year and he finished with a major loosing record. He's on pace to fumble as many times this year and he hasn't decisively beaten ANYBODY, yet Gus Frerote's flawless performance last Sunday has gone completely unreported, unannounced, and un-covered by the local sports talk. The guys on KFAN even announced that they were going to start "hanging up on callers who wanted to suggest that Gus start next week." You can't tell me Rush was "wrong."

The liver is evil, and must be punished...