Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
Quote:
Originally posted by Weasel:
[b]A true American patriot back when civil disobedience was called disloyalty and godless communism.

Wheh...good thing times have changed and people dont think like THAT anymore
Oh please. She's even admitted in interviews, that she didn't do it because she was trying to make a statement. She was tired, and didn't want to stand back up and move.[/b]
Uh...guess again. She was tired, yes. But that isn't why she stayed put.

"I was thinking that the only way to let them know I felt I was being mistreated was to do just what I did - resist the order," Mrs. Parks recalled years later. "I had not thought about it and I had taken no previous resolution until it happened, and then I simply decided that I would not get up.

"I was tired, but I was usually tired at the end of the day, and I was not feeling well, but then there had been many days when I had not felt well. I had felt for a long time that if I was ever told to get up so a white person could sit, that I would refuse to do so."
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist