Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
Quote:
Yet if Hilary doesn't run in 2008 who else could win it for the Dems? Hilary is very polarizing but she might win a majority of the women Republican voters .. just because getting a woman in the White House is more important than the policies she represents.
Contrary to your popular belief, Republican women wouldn't vote for Hilary, just because she's a woman. You're forgetting something very, very important... Women who are Republicans don't give a shit about "women's lib"... Hell, even my mom, a former hippie, who spent most of the late 60s, 70s, and 80s going to boycotts, stand-ins, sit-ins, bra-burners, etc., wouldn't vote for Hilary. And she even voted for freaking Dukakis!
I think a fairly small number of people would vote for her solely because she's a woman, and a fairly small number of people would vote against her because she's a woman (dudes like Stone, apparently) - but it would pretty much cancel out. I still think that if she were to run against a polarlizing hard-right Republican, she would win. But if she ran against a moderate Republican, she would lose.

All of this presupposes that there's no other major terrorist attack on American soil - if that happens during Bush's second term, the Republicans are up shit creek.

Personally, I could see myself voting for either party next time around depending on who they put forth - I'm not a "gimmie" vote.