Quote:
Originally posted by Desert_Rat:
Near as I can tell, the only thing I mispelled is your Arabian dope smoking device.

You're right, you so rarely "mispell"...it's low of me to bring it up...I apologize.

If fuckwads like you would spend a little more time trying to make your country a better place rather than just pissing and moaning about how fucked up you think it is, maybe....JUST MAYBE things would improve.

You're right, maybe I should join the NRA or join a Pro-Life group, or give my money and time to the GOP...then the world would be a happy, prosperous place.

Do you vote?

Always. Mostly for candidates you've never heard of. I call them "wasted votes", partly because they're wasted, and partly because I must be wasted to keep voting for freak candidates that have no chance of winning anything.

Do you get involved in your community and get active in matters important to you?

Sure I do. I regularly enrich the lives of retards here on XOC. Hey, I'm doing it right now! What do I win?

Or do you just expect someone else to do it for you?

Wait, I can expect someone else to waste their vote for me? What a country!!!

I vote in every election.

Yeah...for the wrong candidates. Next.

I'm active with federal and local land use agencies around multi use issues.

Okay, that's commendable, but aside from benefitting people who like to 'wheel, how is this practice beneficial to the world?

I spent 5 years in the military, including the first gulf war.

Wow...so now the citizens of the great nation of Kuwait can enjoy their Filipino indentured servants in peace. Sorry...not impressed.

I voluneteer for the USFS and worked for them all through high school and college. I provide a great website similar to XOC to thousands of people free of charge.

Does your website feed, clothe, educate? Does it provide some sort of platform for the voices of suppressed Chinese dissidents or something? No? Then, other than entertainment, which I agree is of the utmost importance, what sort of service do you provide?

I'm an NRA member - because I believe in my second amendment rights.

I believe in my rights too. I want to keep my guns, but the NRA continually backs Republican candidates that work night and fucking day to undermine other rights while posing to back the 2nd Amendment. Sorry, 2nd Amendment doesn't mean shit if you don't have a 4th or a 1st.

What do you give back to your country? Don't tell me about all the taxes you pay because I'm sure I've paid more than you have.

By virtue of the fact that you're older than me and make more money would allude to the fact that you have, in fact, paid more taxes than I have. Whoopee. And what, like my stoner wisdom and scathing humor aren't enough of a contribution?

What makes me a "police state liberal"? Is it because I get annoyed hearing people like you bitch about the country I love?

What's the matter? Don't think the country can stand up to the criticism?

Is it because I look around the world and see that this is still the best country on the planet in which to live and prosper? Is it because I work hard to make a good living for me and my family and don't think that handouts to those who won't work for themselves should be given? Or is it because I support our military along with the decision to oust a tyrant guilty of 25 years of genocide against his own people? Well....Which is it?

Well, for starters it could be your constant adherence and vehement defense of a Party which constantly works with its "opposition" to provide its corporate backers with political and legal carte blanche. It could also be your willingness to agree whole-heartedly with a political machine that, together with its allies across the aisle, undermines political competition and opposition in order to extinguish any possible chance of an interloper candidate or party, not to mention its constant attack on the delicate system of checks and balances that keep this country in some semblance of political equilibrium. Mostly it's your admitted allegiance to a Party that continually fails to recognize the rights of the individual to privacy and self-determination, and the support of its mad power grab that will result in the loss of more freedom and further militarization of American culture and life. Police State Liberal, like it or not, that's what you are.

You're right. Perhaps I am misusing the word, "liberal". It's very easy around here to apply that term to every cry baby who complains about the way things are without lifting a finger to do anything about it. On second thought, maybe I'm not so far off after all.

No, you're right on. You are misusing the word "liberal", especially when it is applied to you. I see you here crying and moaning just as much as WilMac or Dobermann or anyone else.

You're all talk.

Whatever you say, action man.