Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
Quote:
Originally posted by great pyr-hauler:
Shahram's so crazy, I wanna have his baby.
True dat. Shahram is da hotness.
Listen, kids, I'm only gonna say this once.

It's the internet. More importantly, it's XOC.

I never post anything of substance. It's true. But for your own sake, please don't come to XOC for substance. You want substance? Read a fucking book. Pick up the latest issue of the Economist. Take a college course, or visit a museum. You ain't gonna get it from XOC.
Plus, it's not exactly wise to get into some sort of substantial argument with some mouth-breather who doesn't understand the basic fundamentals of politics, culture, history, or anything else about how the world is formed around him. How can you have a proper discussion with someone whose only response is "Well, if you don't like it, why don't you move to Iran where you came from." We're not exactly talking about an exchange between geniuses here.
I've tried arguing with fact, but it's slow, and these threads happen quick. Plus, facts are usually ignored:

Shahram: According to the Tax Foundation, California subsidizes the nation at unrivaled levels....here are some numbers...

Desert_Rat: I don't care about numbers. Californians is faggots. Faggots should go back to Mexico.

off2cjb: Jesus hates faggots. And Mexicans. When MY Lord comes, they will all pay for their transgressions against America.

porsche996: And if you don't like it, you should pack up your Volvo and leave the country.

2001Frontier: And while you're at it, take your Mexican boyfriend with you!

See? That was taken from an actual thread! The only thing I left out was the 82 misspellings and 347 grammar mistakes.

My point is, any amount of substance would probaby be wasted on you lot, so why bother? The best I can hope for is that I get a laugh out of somebody. One thing you can't argue is that my posts are consistently funny. And if they're not funny, they're at least entertaining.

Maybe I do suck at the whole "internete debate" thingy...so you're like, what, XOC's James Carville now? You've got the market cornered on wit and wisdom? C'mon, dude, I've seen enough of your posts to conclude that you aren't exactly the Modern Enlightened Man you'd like to think you are.

You CAN always win by being funny. Being funny brings you out of the game, it transcends the argument. It breaks the tension. It flusters, frustrates, and generally fucks with people who get so caught up in their own bullshit, that they can't see straight. It's fun. And as for me looking stupid, well, I'm definitely not afraid to look stupid. Hell, I'd rather look stupid than be stupid.