Quote:
Originally posted by nolarocks:
it's such ashame religion has been hijacked by idiots. and why is it so easy for them to use politics in the name of religion. fear? power?

the problems of the world today are not caused by spirituality and faith in something, they are caused by people who inflict their will on others in the name of "religion".

if you believe in the concept of heaven/hell, i think it is easy to imagine where these 'leaders' will be going. if for nothing else than their gross hypocrisy.

hate and striking out against others are purely non-spiritual in any religion. always.
Very true, and it's not just Islam that has its idiots, Christianity has the KKK and Jerry Falwell. Ask any muslim in america if he thinks it's ok to murder. I'm sure the answer is no, even outside the US almost all religious people think that killing is wrong no matter what the reason. But you get a few maniacs screeming for American Blood and suddenly a whole religion is "Evil".

Funny this kind of ties in with the Bush/Hitler thread in the "Club House", you get a few charismatic people to get a mob going and the rest will follow.

But when the mob dispurses(sp?) people go home and think, "Why did I say kill america? I'd never do anything like that."

Well that's my $.02

Xterra101.com