I grew up in Hazelwood, a subset of Pittsburgh, those of you in the area know that it's pretty much a "mixed" ghetto, though at one time during the height of the steel industry, it was a booming steelworker community. I went into the military for the GI Bill etc.. Served in Iraq the first time around and though I don't have an MBA, I am educated, (still going to school, and fully certified in my field) in a high tech field making over 70K in Pittsburgh, which isn't a bad salary at all. I owe a lot of it to my military service and if I had to do it all again, I wouldn't change a thing. I'm more a republican than not, and most of my friends are too. I don't know what it amounts too, but a good many of my friends have also served, and now have great civilian jobs.

If I was in Iraq right now, and some politician made the comment that Kerry made, I'd be pissed.

Quote:
I find it kind of telling that you left out the last part about republicans not having their kids in the frey.
I find it hard that you believe either sides politicians have their kids in the fray? They are all slim when it comes to military service records, not just the Republicans, though I'd wager more republican's children have served than democrat. Wonder if there are any statistics out there in regards?