Quote:
Originally posted by Branden Burden:
Quote:
News for you man, NOBODY is ready for war at 19, or even 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 etc...
This is actually a great point, well said.

As for your comments jerseydevil, sometimes I don't always feel like writing properly, but I can guarantee I am better educated than you. We have already had that discussion, thought.

We are not doing this guy a favor, we are giving him a chance. His job was killing people, and now we are gunna help turn him into a production miner, something that helps all of humanity. His wife left him 1 week before his return and took his son, because she couldn't handle the military life.

He doesn't have the skills necessary to find employment outside of the military. They did not train him for anything else. They used him, abused him, and tossed him aside. His only other option, as he told us, was to go to work at the local gas station.
I feel bad for the guy that his wife left. Living in a heavy military community here in Hampton Roads, I can tell you that this is an all to common occurrence with marriages that were started too early by the recruits.

However, when it comes to his not being trained for anything else, I call BS. Having former military in my family and friends who have served as well, I can assure you they do not sit around and play war all day. They are well trained in any number of skills that can get them a job when they get out other than pumping gas. This sounds like someone who didn't pay attention in class and is now blaming the military. Either that, or you are doing it for him. Either way, sometimes life sucks, and it is how you deal with it that determines what kind of man you are. Some, like you, choose to blame the government for choices that were made that they regret later. Others, like me, choose to accept the consequences of our actions and do the best we can with what we are given.