Alright jerseydevil, lets go. For everyone else, off topic, but when challenged I will respond.

Colorado School of Mines, BSc Mining Engineering (pretty much the world wide leader in mining engineering) Graduated with 160 credit hours, enough for a masters at POS schools like CU Boulder and any Cal. university. Took 5 years because I started my masters program in mining engineering, which I will be finishing in the next year or so. Classes were a technical focus (physics, fluids, thermo, differential equations, prob/stats, tunneling, site investigations, and every mining class offered with the exception of explosives engineering II), mixed with a small lib. arts background (political economies of the middle east was my focus). The best part - for one of the toughest engineering schools in the country - it was incredibly easy. I am also working towards a Mine Safety Professional cert., I am a member of the local volunteer fire department, and historical society. I was contracted during my senior year at Mines to locate 30 drillholes for a project in the DR, I hit on 28. The mine is now producing thousands of tons of copper a year, and a little gold everyday, based on my work. And I paid my own way through, I have lots of debt.

Alright, your turn.

To desert_rat - the discussion here has been about education. I do agree that education is not a measure of intelligence, however it does show a certain drive to work to better yourself. Education makes you a better person, period. Does killing people make you a better person? Did you ever kill anybody? Did you ever kill an innocent? Do you ever feel shame for the taking of a life?

To you and your son, and I am being sincere, I hope he comes home safe. And I hope he takes advantage of the college education he can recieve, and goes on to greatness. I hope he doesn't end up getting stuck in Iraq, like Bush.