Quote:
Originally posted by jerseydevi1:
Quote:
Originally posted by Branden Burden:
[b]Alright jerseydevil, lets go. For everyone else, off topic, but when challenged I will respond.

Colorado School of Mines, BSc Mining Engineering (pretty much the world wide leader in mining engineering) Graduated with 160 credit hours, enough for a masters at POS schools like CU Boulder and any Cal. university. Took 5 years because I started my masters program in mining engineering, which I will be finishing in the next year or so. Classes were a technical focus (physics, fluids, thermo, differential equations, prob/stats, tunneling, site investigations, and every mining class offered with the exception of explosives engineering II), mixed with a small lib. arts background (political economies of the middle east was my focus). The best part - for one of the toughest engineering schools in the country - it was incredibly easy. I am also working towards a Mine Safety Professional cert., I am a member of the local volunteer fire department, and historical society. I was contracted during my senior year at Mines to locate 30 drillholes for a project in the DR, I hit on 28. The mine is now producing thousands of tons of copper a year, and a little gold everyday, based on my work. And I paid my own way through, I have lots of debt.

Alright, your turn.

To desert_rat - the discussion here has been about education. I do agree that education is not a measure of intelligence, however it does show a certain drive to work to better yourself. Education makes you a better person, period. Does killing people make you a better person? Did you ever kill anybody? Did you ever kill an innocent? Do you ever feel shame for the taking of a life?

To you and your son, and I am being sincere, I hope he comes home safe. And I hope he takes advantage of the college education he can recieve, and goes on to greatness. I hope he doesn't end up getting stuck in Iraq, like Bush.
wow...very well educated, however, genius, the challenge was IQ. You have just confirmed what I suspected of you. Good at regurgitating, but not very good at thinking and paying attention. And Definitely an elitist who defines himself by the number of diplomas on his wall, and looks down on anyone who doesn't have the same.

You have me beat in education. Hands down. Congratulations. All I have is my lowly Associates degree in Computer Science. And my CCNA, studying for my CCND, my MCSE, and over 15 years experience in the compter networking and repair field. I also hold several "smaller" if you will, certifications such as A+, Network+, and a few Compaq and HP desktop technician certs. So yes, again you prove my point that you have sat in the most classes and have collected the most pieces of paper and as a result, you think you are better than I am.

The question was IQ...post up tough guy...[/b]
Jersey, we have almost an identical educational background except that I have my mcse and I'm studying for my CCNA, and have recently gone back to school to finish my degree.

It's a wonder how we "low brows" ever make it in the world huh?

Brandon, just to add, I'm 35 and in the black as far as finances go. Not too bad supporting a family on one salary making less than 100K a year eh?...