That got a rise out of NY.

Yes, the military has many other functions beyond the battlefield.

Yes, there are many people who never will fire a weapon on the battlefield. Yes, there are people sitting at computers everyday.

But, a military's job, in it's most basic, naked form is to kill people. If it is done to protect US citizens, does that somehow mask that fact?

Quote:
Our military is a cohesive force designed to protect our interests, land, and people.
How does the US military accomplish this? Not by giving terrorists hugs and kisses, but by killing them to stop them from killing me. We are mincing words, desert_rat just doesn't like the term killers - he can not face reality. No matter the reason, if you killed someone you are a killer. Dispute that.

I do believe that the military is a necessary evil, a lot like mining. We have to have mining, but that does not change the fact that it is, in reality, a business that rapes and pillages the mountainside. We do it the best we can, try to save the environment; the military does it the best they can, and tries to save innocent lives. The fact remains that both are businesses that we as a world probably wish we could do without.

And desert_rat, one day you may actually learn to read. Wishing the death of someone else, shows what kind of person you are. You are an angry and distusting excuse for a human being, but I would never wish you or any member of your family any harm. Some people just can't seem to be able to crawl out of those caves and stand upright. Some people still want to run around and fight and throw shit at each other because they can never grasp that which makes us different that the animals that came before us - compassion, understanding, and a want to change for the better. You, my freind, truly are a sad and sick individual who would like nothing more than the blood of anyone who dares to disagree with you.

If you would like a lesson in compassion, I have a bible - we can take a look and see how many times Jesus states that someone should be killed, or have a mine collapse on them.

Are you a Christian, desert_rat or a Muslim? You seem to embrace the teachings of the faith of Islam very well. Who are the terrorists again, peace lovers or cold hearted killers?