Quote:
How does the US military accomplish this? Not by giving terrorists hugs and kisses, but by killing them to stop them from killing me. We are mincing words, desert_rat just doesn't like the term killers - he can not face reality. No matter the reason, if you killed someone you are a killer. Dispute that.
We are not mincing words here. You fail to understand the reason that our Military exists.

There are many instances where our military is used in a peaceful manner with no battle taking place, nobody getting killed, and no enemy to engage. You fail to realize that it isn't as cut and dry as you want to make it out to be.

There are countless missions going on everyday, peaceful missions that the military carries out for our country. When Hurricane Andrew hit florida as I have already mentioned, Many companies and contingents were deployed to assist with matters nowhere even close to combat related. As a member of the PA National Guard for 5 years, I was deployed almost every winter to help shovel snow off the freeways and to help clear accident scenes in winter time. Members of our military serve as protection for hundreds of foreign and domestic envoys. Once again. The Coast Guard is an example I already used, which you have failed to touch upon. There are entire brigades in the Army, squadrons in the airforce that have never seen battle. Ever. Yet because they are military they are killers? Their primary goal is to kill? You got it wrong man.

We have military posts all over the world that have never seen combat, have never engaged in any "killing". The 13th Airborne Corp was deployed in WWII and never saw combat, and was disbanded afterwards. Can you seriously call those soldiers killers?

You just don't get it. Yes if you kill someone you are a killer, but you cannot equate the entire military as one single individual and label that individual a killer.

Answer me this Branden. If you belong to a military unit, and that unit in it's entire existence has never engaged in actual combat or was responsible for killing anyone, could you lable any members of that unit a killer just because they belong to the military?