Quote:
Originally posted by Branden Burden:
Quote:
Branden....I will not devalue your peace activism. But I will ask you this....What is worth dying for, in your eyes....not what is worth killing for.....but dying for?

And what do you qualify as important enough to pay that price for?

Just purely out of genuine curiosity and as a point for relativity.
What a great question, a tough question. My first reaction is love. I would gladly place my life on the line for my family, my fiance, my friends, and my co-workers here at the mine. I would run into a burning building, knowing full well I would never make it out, to just try to save the life of a child.
Thank you for answering that.

Now.....as a point of reference......virtually all those things you mentioned, are why service members are willing to do what they do. They may be directed to kill by their service, as dictated by diplomacy or lack thereof.....By they are also willing to die, in a very tangible, on-the-ground-sort of way for the very things you listed, as they see it, I believe. But given the choice between dying or killing those trying to kill them....I would suspect they would rather eradicate those trying to harm them and their comrades....Human nature. So....the very things they are willing to die for, puts them in line to also make them the things worth killing for.

This thought process eliminates the cause behind the service members being in the situations they are in....and focuses on the basic life and death scenarios they deal with in the real world, day-to-day existence of a war theater. Nevermind why they are there.....How do they survive, and to what end to do they go to do so, in a hostile environment?

Essentially.....I want to know, at what point would you define something as worth killing for?

http://www.metzgardesign.com