Red - the subject of how we all develop our beliefs is an interesting one, and I appreciate the kind words and understanding.

Quote:
And whether or not I completely agree with it, I can respect it as your mindset.
Couldn't agree more.

As I get older I hope to cling to my pacifist beliefs, but who knows the way this world is headed.

Knight - killing is killing, and the effects on the men and women are probably the same. Cops recieve extensive time with pychiatrists to help work out the devestating effect it has on nearly everyone, I don't believe soldiers get the same benefits, although I may be wrong about that.

Madman - I have no respect for you, or anything you say. People like you (Bush, Rummy and Cheney come to mind) make me sick to my stomach. While Red and I can at least see eye to eye (we may not agree, but at least we understand where we are coming from), you will never see another point of view, never able to listen and learn.

I am not back peddling, I am apologizing for words I said were wrong. People like you (again the big three come to mind) will never admit fault, will never admit when emotions might have gotten the best of you. You got me to say exactly what you wanted, I fell into your little perverted trap.

Someday when that heart attack kills you, people from my generation will be running this country. Up until that point if we continue to have leaders like you blindly pushing down the gauntlet to war, things will change, and possibly my pacifist views will become more common.

Someday it is my dream that peace will break out, and war will be viewed as what it is -barbaric, and a thing of the past. You will never let that happen. You are too blood-thirsty, and too angry. You are the reason why peace has no chance; we will never recover from the damage done by your beloved republican leaders.

You disgust me madman, everything about you and everything you say. From defending the pedophile Foley to this conversation you do nothing/say nothing that is ever going to help this great nation. You are leading us in the wrong direction, and because you have no sense of right and wrong, you can never admit guilt or fault. Since you can never listen to new ideas, you will never get any. Since you can not fathom love and peace, and only know hatred and intolerance, you can not understand why I fight so hard against wars. You know nothing but misery.

Have a good day madman, go home have a beer, by yourself. I am conviced you have no family, and probably no friends. Anyone with your kind of attitude is destined to die alone. While that thought saddens me, I can't do anything to help; I really wish I could.