Quote:
Originally posted by Branden Burden:
Where to start?

Axle, welcome home. I would rather see you at home, safe with your family, living the good life here in CO, than anywhere else in this world.

What part of pacifist do you guys not understand? Have you ever read a post by me before with regards to war and death?

Axle, let me ask you point blank, and anyone else here who is currently in the service if they have ever met a soldier that was proud of having to take a life (someone like say a pilot with a number of kills displayed on the cockpit). Does that make them, in your eyes only, a killer? If not, how would you describe that person?

Listen guys, and listen hard cause this was a main theme to all my ramblings before this -
Quote:
I respect those in the military. I do not respect them any more than the construction worker that gets up every morning, a WV coal miner (they been doing a lot of dying this year to make sure you folks can continue to live the lives that you do), the highway worker or anyone else does does a dangerous job, but gets no respect for it. Thousands of good men and women have died in the last few years working jobs that do very much to uphold our current way of living, but you never, ever hear about them.
Why should I respect those of you in the service any more than the people I listed above? This is not a rhetorical question, I would like an answer.
If you have to ask, it's not worth typing an answer.

Ask the Jews what Pacifism has done for them lately.

Good luck in life, seems like you need it.

Glad to have you guys back. Hope you get to stay a while, but my Brother-in-law is now on a 3 month rotation in Iraq. The good news is that he is about to retire, if the Army can let him go.