Quote:
Originally posted by Steve49589:
Quote:
Originally posted by Branden Burden:
[b] Someday it is my dream that peace will break out, and war will be viewed as what it is -barbaric, and a thing of the past. You will never let that happen. You are too blood-thirsty, and too angry.
Brandon,
Does evil exist? If you believe that evil does not exist this thread can end. But if evil does exist, can you negotiate with evil? Can you contain evil? Can you just ignore evil?

There are people out there that want to convert us to their perverted version of Islam or kill us - period. They are brought up from a very young age to hate America and what we stand for.

I do not want my leaders to negotiate with these people for peace. In the past they have proven themselves to use that time to prepare for additional attacks and brainwash some more kids for the future.

A clear example is the Hamas attacks on Israel in the past six months. Israel moves out of Lebanon and what happens? Israel is left unprotected, tunnels are dug to move arms and and terrorists, soldiers get kidnapped and hundreds of rockets are fired at random into Israel.

Sure, Israel pushed back, but then a cease-fire came along - with demands for Israel to get out of Lebanon and stop their violence!

So those negotiations resulted in what? As far as I know - the Israeli hostages have not been returned. Israel leaves, Hamas celebrates and starts building up for the next attack. It will happen and continue to happen until the terrorists are dealt with - gone.[/b]
If you think that this is a "war" that can be fought with troops then you got another thing coming. Terrorism is a global threat, you can not draw up frontiers adn fight a conventioanl war.

I have the outmost respect and admiration for the people who are following orders, putting their lives on the line for this cause, I also believe that the war in Iraq will only fuel the call to arms by the Islamic fanatics, be a recruiting poster. Again you can not win the "war" on Terror, you can contain it. We need far more freedom for western countries to act like recently seen in pakistan, surgical strikes based on intel. Assaination of key people. STRONG preservation of our borders. A global strategy for identification of ANY person who want's the freedom of movement (read travel), beyond a passport (which can be forged). Countries who allow and harbor terrorists should be isolated in every whch way (trade, travel etc).

Finally I believe that we need to create a Global policeforce that has the power to move and investigate with umlimited access to records intel etc.

We can not continue to attempt to convert countries to Democracy who still live a century behind us. it simply will not work. Afghanistan, Iraq. are prime examples