No I want some more.

Everyday the men and women of the WV coal mines get up and go to work. Thankfully, they don't have to ask anyone to take a piss; however, they don't know if they are gunna get blown up, have a fifty ton rock fall on thier head, get their heads torn off by a mucker, get ripped in half by a slusher, fall into an ore shoot, get run over by a continuous miner, get torn up by a longwall shearer, drown in a flood, die from lack of O2, burned alive.... the list goes on.

Your disrespect makes me as mad at you as you are at me. You are as disconnected from reality as me. You are the type of person that thinks a steak comes from Safeway and light from the light switch. You are the type of person that says, "well mining doesn't effect me."

Think about it, all these people "fight" to allow us to live the way we do. If they stopped going to work, tens of thousands of people or more would die very quickly, in the first few days. In the weeks following that hundreds of thousands more would die - from starvation, dehydration, lack of medical care, lack of an ability to go anywhere or do anything. All progress, all life in the US would come to a screeching halt, quickly.

You call me arrogant, you call me pompous. Look at yourselves. You can't make an arguement because you couldn't dare to extend any kind of respect to the lowly worker. You couldn't even acknolwedge the sacrafices they make everyday. More than 1000 construction workers and you couldn't even say a word to that.

The real funny part is you probably think the average mine worker is too dumb to find a job anywhere else. That is not the case, most love what they do. Most have lost co-workers, friends, and family members to work related accidents.