Quote:
Originally posted by Branden Burden:
Where do you people get off thinking I like to see soldiers die?

Quote:
... and salute her all while holding back your own tears....
It saddens me as much as the next person. I wouldn't be holding back tears, I would be balling outright. The news of each death stabs me just as deep as you. I think about thier families, the knock on the door that changes thier lives, and I am as emotional as the next person. I just don't see the difference between thier deaths and the deaths of the two coal miners that happened in the last 3 days. Thier families also got a knock on the door that will change thier lives forever.

I want our troops home, safe and with thier families. I don't want them in harms way. I want no more troops to have to make that sacrafice. I want peace.
So bringing our troops home will bring peace? I don't think so. You should be praying to whatever god you pray to that the troops are fighting the terrorist in Iraq and not in downtown Nederland, CO. We fight in Iraq so we do not have to fight in the US. Cut and run like you seem to want to do will only weaken America and open ourselves up for more attacks on our soil. The "sacrafice" that you seem to preach about and know so much about keeps you safe at night in your little lollipop world that you live in. I agree that the administration made many mistakes,and in general has pretty much sucked (insert illegal immigrants here) but we have to finish the job, let the soldiers fight with both arms and not one tied behind there backs that the media and the far-left wing of our government is hell bent to tie. I am glad that you have your freedom to say whatever comes out of your clouded mind (insert coal dust here) and I am glad that we can argue this in a somewhat decent manner, but honestly Branden, you really have no clue what our troops are made of and what they are capable of. I really hope that you meet Axle at Hooters and buy him a beer. He deserves one from you. [drink]