Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:
Quote:
Originally posted by off2cjb:
[b]Moby, lets not be so liberal and literal in our thinking. OK, not every commandment out of the Ten gets used in our laws. Some of them do however.
But isn't that picking and choosing? I mean, if we are going to base it on them, why not all of them?

(by the way...isn't "liberal and literal" kind of contradictory? It's one or the other, isn't it? (I know...you meant liberal in the political sense laugh )

Quote:
Bush's faith based initiative is for every religion under the sun. Any religious school doing good work for the kids and community will be subsidized. This isn't just for Christians. And it isn't being pushed upon you.
I'd like to see a Wiccan group get some grants...but I know that won't happen.

It's being pushed on me, because some of my tax dollars go toward it.

(Yes, using the same argument, some of your tax dollars used to go to pro-choice groups.)[/b]
Yeah, but my tax dollars are going to welfare which I don't believe in. My tax dollars are going to the arts which I don't believe in supporting. My tax dollars are going to provide pre-natal care for illegal aliens which I don't believe in. You liberals are good at providing lots of special interests groups with money, but when it comes to wholesome family values or morally correct issues, you all shy away and hide behind some trumped up law that doesn't exist like seperartion of church and state.