Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:

Ah, you don't know my parents. They are VERY conservative. It is not a lie by any stretch. They accept gays, they tolerate them. That's not saying that they agree with the actions.
I know I don't know them. I only know what you write. They can't be "conservative" and accepting of gay priests at the same time. If you don't want your parents becoming part of this conversation, why did you bring them up in the first place?

This sounds kind of like the spin put on radical leftist Howard Dean who is running for president. The media has often called him a conservative and sometimes a fiscal conservative. That is like calling Josef Stalin a conservative. It is nothing but a lie and outright spinning of the truth.

Everyone accepts the fact that there are gays. They are a fact of life. I don't believe they deserve special rights because of their sexual deviance and depraved lifestyle. They especially do not belong in the priesthood or any positions of authority or the ministry involving the Christian faith. The homosexual lifestyle is a sin in not only Christianity but the majority of the world's religions. They have no place in the ministry at all. How can you have faith in a minister who is a sinner and the antithesis of all your religion stands for? This is insanity and is the first step in the destruction of our faiths. But that is the ultimate goal isn't it?

Aren't you an atheist anyway? If you are I question the validity of any of your opinions regarding any faith.

Some news: ... There goes the Episcopal Church. One selfish deviant bastard who does not adhere to his faith and the teachings of Christ is going to destroy a once great church. Are you happy?