Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
What about the famous lie she told after the towers fell. She claimed Chelsea was jogging that morning by the water near the trade center. That fell apart when Chelsea told Talk magazine in an interview a week later that she was in her apartment that morning about 30 blocks uptown.
Well, I don't know how close those two are, but she might have *thought* Chelsea was down there. I've had many times where I thought I was going to be travelling to one place, told my parents, and then didn't go - but did not talk to my parents until afterwards. If I had told my parents on the 10th of September that I was going to be down at the Trade Center on September 11th and it fell through and I ended up at work 30 miles away - they may have told people I was there when it happened. They wouldn't have known until I told them afterwards.

Curious...when exactly did she say it? That is, did she say it that day? Because I know when the whole thing happened, I got lucky - it only took me about 3 hours to get a hold of my parents...and my co-workers couldn't get through to anyone at all that day.

Now, if she said this 1-2 days later, then yeah, I'd say she would have known better...there is no doubt she would have been in contact with Chelsea within several hours of the attack. I assume Chelsea has some sort of Secret Service unit still on her.

No, I'm not trying to defend her. But it amazes me that anything that comes out of her mouth must be a premeditated lie, according to the conservatives.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist