Quote:
Originally posted by spalind:
Quote:
California led the Nation in crop sales with $17.1 billion, and was the top producing State for 8 of the sector’s top 25 commodities: dairy products, greenhouse and nursery products, eggs, hay, grapes, tomatoes, lettuce, and almonds. California vaulted from third to first place in egg sales with a 27-percent rise in a single year. Three-quarters of California’s farm sales were from crops; fruits and nuts 27 percent, vegetables 23 percent, and greenhouse and nursery 10 percent.
so I suppose alot of EGG FARMS!!!!! got burnt down in these fires??!?!?!?! no, i dont think so...nor did I see any tomato farms or greenhouses going up in smoke!!!! again...we are not talking about the same areas....
The people who live in those home are likely very successful business men and women. I guess you can say they are a product of commerce. (has that been mentioned yet?)

California is generally very successful economically. People buy our products, and people move here for the business. They gotta build their homes somewhere. The mountains outside of LA/San Diego is a logical place to settle.

If you want to stop this sort of development, then boycott the products which come from CA.