Quote:
Originally posted by spalind:
oh, and just to update everyone on this conversation...Though you may disagree with my conclusions ie: that the peoples whose houses are burning down should have seen this coming....None of you have been able to dispute the facts in the case--#1--houses are burning, #2--the cause of the severe damage is an area that is overly dry and filled with tinder, #3--a reasonable person who has observed fact #2 would think twice about building their house in such an area, and #3 the rest of the nation should not have to pay for the fact that facts #2 and #3 were ignored...
While I agree that the houses are burning(duhhh)SoCal may be dry but not overly dry, it does rain plus snow melt etc (where do you think mud comes from??)

As for your "reasonable" person, most of them woulds probably think that you are are freakin'loon for living in an area that virtually every year gets at least on major snowstorm of over a foot and/or an ice storm that knocks out power for days or weeks. its the price you pay for living where you do NO MATTER WHERE YOU LIVE!! As was aptly pointed out every region has its negative weather attributes.

Is your Sierra Club card printed on recycled paper??

Can we move Maine between VT and NH?? I'm ashamed to be this guys neighbor.

[Finger]