Quote:
Originally posted by off2cjb:
Quote:
Originally posted by Desert_Rat:
[b]Off2cashrink,

So...uh....Darwin's theories are based on solid scientific evidence. For most of my life, this has been my problem with the creationist theory purported by the Bible.

I do wonder which category you're lumping me into....I grew up as a church goer and have a very religious family. Of them, I'm the only one who questions what is preached.

You don't have more integrity than I. Not a chance. I don't know many here personally (I've met a few), but I can tell you most here are good people just as firm in their resolve as you. Even that nutbag Wilmac stands up for all the crap he believes in, but doesn't condemn others for their beliefs. There is not one stitch of proof anywhere that makes you more righteous than anyone else, so go fuck yourself you goddamned fanatic. You are on the same level as a muslim extremist. The only difference is that you're an extremist Christian and you wave the Bible instead of the Koran, and you interpret the purposely vague messages contained therein for your own personal crusades.

I used to appreciate you because of your conservative postions on things. Lately, you've just proven to be a whacko. I wish you were my next door neighbor. I could have SO much fun with that. I'd encourage kids to dress up as Jesus for Halloween complete with stigmata and send them to your door saying Trick or Eternal Condemnation! Repent now, fucker!

And for God's sake, find a spell checker. Christ.
Yes, I do have more integrity than you. You just proved it. Your family is religious. Bullshit. You don't know the meaning. A lukewarm Christian is the worse thing on earth. Read your Bible. A fundamentalist, yes. God is, Jesus is, the apostles were, I am. You are called to be that, or don't come at all. You are a complete tool. Oh, cry about the spelling, check yours. Thats ight, you hyprocrit. You think you're special because you spew this on the internet. Take you and your holier than thou family and jump off a bridge. You cannot serve two masters. In your case, you serve many.[/b]
I don't claim to serve two masters. My family IS religious. They're very dedicated Lutherans. You just sinned on that one pal - you passed judgment on someone you know nothing about. I'm sure Jesus will forgive you on that. Idiot.

I'm agnostic. I've processed the information from both sides and that is the conclusion I've reached. Again, you've judged me - a job that according to your precious Bible, is a job for God and not you as one of his sheep...er...servants....whatever.

On the translation piece, I really don't care what you say on that. Political organizations from the Vatican to the monarchy in England have been twisting scripture and interpreting it differently to suit their own needs for centuries. During the dark ages, your beloved church committed atrocities only rivaled by today's Muslim fanatics. Church sponsored oppression was the norm. Churches had the power of political organizations because they WERE political organizations. They withheld knowledge to the people. They printed scripture in dead languages for the purpose of keeping the masses ignorant. They were fully intolerant to those with other beliefs, or for those who wouldn't support the church financially.

Finally, name one war in the past 200 years that hasn't had religion or differing religious beliefs at the core of its root cause. I'm sure God smiles every time you smite your enemies, you enemy smoter. :rolleyes:

You're so encapsulated by your own fanatical beliefs that you are incapable of rational thought. End of debate.