For those who dont know me, I am a Paramedic, and I'm from Toronto, which at the moment is going through a international crisis with this SARS issue. The media has made a storm about it, so we will be feeling the repercussions from this for a long time. Below is an incident that occurred to a fellow bros of mine. What is your take on this everyone? what now?

[edited to leave out specifics]

Today I was going downtown to do some shopping when my car broke down. As luck would have it the car broke down in front of Nissan. Since my car is a 2001 Nissan I was in the perfect place.

I was able to get the car started long enough to get it into the service bay at the dealer. I explained the situation to the service advisor and then they started to assess the car.

Shortly thereafter I went into the garage to speak to the mechanic. As I approached the mechanic who was working on my car I noticed that he was starting to back away from me. His coworker who was also near the car started to back away. I thought this was kind of odd.

Just then the mechanic asked if I was a paramedic. Realizing that I had my jacket in the back seat I replied that I was. The mechanic then aksed me to
leave the building. He stated that they did not want me in there cause I was a paramedic and that he was scared of "catching something from me". I
was shellshocked, dismayed and for the first time in my life embarassed to be a medic.

I stated that I was clean and that I followed all precautions and that I would not be around my child if there was any risk. He didn;t care he
just wanted me out.

When I went to complain to the management I was again asked to leave as I was a dirty paramedic.

Needless to say I immediately arranged to have my car towed from that dealer to my home dealer.

Just thought I would share my experience with all of you. When the lease is up on my car I will be getting rid of it and I will NOT be purchasing
another nissan again.

(dirty SARS paramedic) .