Quote:
Originally posted by xterrah:
A little sour grapes Cary cuz you got caught by us stuck out on Soda Lake. You were not even with our group, we just ran across you when we got out there.

Your violations: (1) never go out alone; (2) always tell someone where you are going (preferably someone who has the ability to come get you); (3) don't go out in the middle of the night to an unpredictable area.

The recovery truck you hired and a backhoe were already out there trying to extract you. And even they were unable to get you out until much later in the day. Nothing we could do. :rolleyes: Before we left the area we called your home and your wife said the recovery trucks were eventually able to get you out.

Unfortunately, the recovery vehicle busted a hydraulic line leaking oil and causing a section of the trail to be damaged in a very sensitive area; possibly irreversible forever. You can see the oil around your tires in the pictures below. Some vehicles had to try to get past you and made tracks off route, which goes against the special wilderness designation of the area. The entire situation was a real disgrace. frown Maybe you should have left this one in YOUR closet of skeletons.
Lets go thru your excuses and out right lies.

Quote:
You were not even with our group, we just ran across you when we got out there.
The funny thing was I was not even with 2 Jeeps who "just ran across" me. Without hesitation they tried to help. "You were not even with our group" was the line that inspired my wife to come up with the term SCCXcuses.

Quote:
Your violations: (1) never go out alone;
Hey you got one right. Never do the pre-running for someone who refuses to... even thou it is clearly in the SCCX By-Laws(official title but name changed to "Guidelines" if it is incovient to obey). What will be your thanks... being kicked in the teeth.

Quote:
(2) always tell someone where you are going (preferably someone who has the ability to come get you);
Wife knew were I was. Friend who had access to a Land Cruiser knew were I was. Work knew were I was Friday morning when my wife e-mailed them telling them she had not heard from me and they should find a replacement to fill my shift. Work was thinking of launching the helicopter to look for me. My wife was contacted in time to contact work and let them know I had been located. If the recovery crew didn't get me out a group of 30 Rubicon's(on a run that day up and down the Calico area) 90 minutes away would have been informed were I was.

Quote:
(3) don't go out in the middle of the night to an unpredictable area.
The afternoon IS NOT the middle of the night! The middle of the night is when WolfmanX called my wife to see if I got out!

Quote:
The recovery truck you hired and a backhoe were already out there trying to extract you. And even they were unable to get you out until much later in the day. Nothing we could do. :rolleyes:
What can I say... you take tele-photo pictures from 300 yards away. Do you see a back-hoe in any of your pictures. Do you see a back-hoe in any of the pictures WolfmanX took behind my back! That is the extent that you will LIE!

The back-hoe you are talking about was out on Soda Lake 3 weeks earlier! How did I get out? When did I get out?

Quote:
Before we left the area we called your home and your wife said the recovery trucks were eventually able to get you out.
Xterrah... so if I was still stuck... what would you have done? The same thing you did when you were 300 yards away...

Quote:
Unfortunately, the recovery vehicle busted a hydraulic line leaking oil and causing a section of the trail to be damaged in a very sensitive area; possibly irreversible forever. You can see the oil around your tires in the pictures below.
The back-hoe was out on Soda Lake 3 weeks earlier! It was attempting to rescue German Tourist in 5 SUV's and 2 motorcycles. The pile of dried mud and the area I got stuck in was a loose mud pit caused by the back-hoe trying to dig it's self out. It did bust a hydraulic line. I found a empty 5 gallon bucket of hydraulic oil with all the trash left behind. I could have hired the back-hoe operator for literally half the price of the guy with the 1970 Ford pickup. I did not hire the back-hoe guy because of the principal of the matter. I hired the Ford guy... we hauled out all the trash after I got unstuck.

Quote:
Some vehicles had to try to get past you and made tracks off route, which goes against the special wilderness designation of the area.
The tracks around me were the same tracks that were there before I got stuck. When I got out the tracks around me were the same. Tracks and holes caused by among other things a low impact(wide-track) bulldozer that sank trying to rescue a UNLV professor's Dodge Durango.

Quote:
The entire situation was a real disgrace. Maybe you should have left this one in YOUR closet of skeletons.
The only disgrace was that you had "to go. We have a schedule to keep". CCX would never have left period! He never would have left so he would have more time for a buffet table!

Quote:
After the Soda Lake surprise the rest of journey was vintage Mojave Rd. laugh Stopped for lunch at the edge of the lava flow, buffet table was nice as always.
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Ritchey:
Oh, I take it Marshann is a good cook? Dangit, you definately have to come along after that! errr I mean definately for freinds, yeah friends, not stomach... laugh
Chris... that is one of the things that really bothers me!

It would have taken less then 5 minutes to hook the 2 "Scout" vehicles to the Ford Pick-up. I would have then had a solid anchor and gotten out. Instead the group hung out long enough to watch me pull the Ford over 4x4 lumber.

Instead the group hung out long enough to take pictures literally of my back. "We got to go. We have a schedule to keep"

Yes... a schedule with Xterrah(Marshann's) buffet table.

<Edited to fix stray qoute(s)>

Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860