Quote:
Originally posted by LAXterra:
a) I did lay low for 6 month after realizing either people don't care about the truth or they are could careless about anyone other then themselves.
You were right about people, Cary...they don't care about the truth. What's the truth, anyway? In this case, I've heard two sides to this story--yours, and theirs. Which one is true? More importantly, why would I give a shit? Why would anyone? It was your stuck. Your stuck is your problem. I've spent enough time in the desert to learn never to underestimate that she is capable of the most severe beauty and cruelty. I love her, but I don't turn my back on her. Not for one second. Anyone who does is a fool. You were lucky that embarassment and a little lost cash were your only injuries. If I were you, I'd be a little more careful next time.

Quote:
b) I would considering rolling a bigger goof.
As would I...well, in some cases. A roll is as a result of driver error, whether a chronic error or a momentary error, and the consequences of a roll are much worse, but you can't do much to prepare for a roll. What you did was folly piled upon folly. I've seen good drivers roll. I've never seen a smart expedition driver get into the kind of ass-backwards situation that you managed.

Quote:
c) I don't know about you but I don't go thru life being a door mat for everyone to wipe their feet on. :rolleyes:
I don't know about you, but I'm willing to admit my folly. I'm willing to laugh at my folly. I'm also willing to laugh right along with everyone else at my folly. If you can't do the same, then try not being such a fucking clown. Door mat? Pffft! Your hubris covered you in mud, not SCCX's boots!

Quote:
d) Armageddon... isn't that the projected date that SCCX will not bend or out right break rules/laws with double speak (SCCXcuses).
Only excuses seem to be coming from you, amigo. You didn't prepare. You didn't plan. You fucked up. You refused help. You made your bed. You lie in it.

Pun intended.