Quote:
Originally posted by Todrick:
amen.

but to play devils advocate here...

look at the photos cary just posted... there is no way in hell he was solely responsible for that mess... looks like an army of trucks tore into Soda lake before it was dry for the season... i would bet it happens every year.
I agree, unless that white film (salt maybe?) grows over night there is no way that pile in the picture could have formed over night. plus the larger ditches have a smooth layer over the middle, indication water filled them. at least thats how I see. Although I am curious about how Cary got stuck in the middle of a flat plain, at least it looks flat. But what ever, truth is, Cary broke a cardinal rule of offroading don't go out alone! And the funny thing is that if the group had never been notified of Cary being where he was none of this would be happening. that is unless some one wanted to make a claim the group was negligent for not knowing Cary was there. So Undeniable fact: Cary went off road alone

hey I like this, the irony is it's from one of our own.
Quote:
xterra101.com
If you do get stuck you don’t want to rely on Search and Rescue to be your only way out. After a few trail runs they’ll be hating you because you'll get stuck a lot; you should have a way to get out on your own. The best method of getting unstuck is to have a buddy to pull you out, offroading on your own can be very dangerous. A very important rule is to never go 4-wheeling alone, however it's the most broken rule there is. I know it's tempting to go 4-wheeling on your own, I do it alot too; but take somebody with you if you're venturing somewhere unknown, and be more willing to turn back if things get a little tougher than you expected. If you're alone and you roll and break your legs Emergency Services is your only chance for help.