Quote:
The afternoon IS NOT the middle of the night! The middle of the night is when WolfmanX called my wife to see if I got out!
Actually, you told me and several others that you were on the lake at night. You said that you mistaked a pile of mud for the rock pile, and tried to go around it.

Picture which supports that explanation:

Quote:
I'm assuming that by this you are referring to the fact that you were pre-running the trail for some other excursion by someone.
Well Cary's story changed a few times. First he said that he was out pre-running for us. Then he said he was simply there to pre-run for his Rubicon club. Now it is back to pre-running for SCCX. Who knows what is really true?

Quote:
If the recovery crew didn't get me out a group of 30 Rubicon's(on a run that day up and down the Calico area) 90 minutes away would have been informed were I was.
Actually I forgot to mention this, but a group of Jeeps from a magazine were running the Mojave road, and we stopped them to notify them of the Soda Lake conditions, and Brian asked them to check on Cary's status. They said if he wasn't out when they got there, they would get him out for sure.