Jesus H. Christ...I really only NOW started looking at this picture. It really does say a thousand words.

C'mon, Cary, let's take a look. Since you've decided to air your laundry, everyone else should come along too.

You were driving along this (not so) dry lake bed, alone. No convoy. No other vehicles at all.

When you started to penetrate the crust, which is substantial (even in wet conditions), and slowed, according to the tire tracks behind you in some of the photos, you did what EVERY DESERT GUIDE IN EXISTENCE tells you not to do: you kept going, instead of hanging a wide U-Turn.

When you finally stopped, you were underneath the crust, but if you'd done what you were supposed to do, you wouldn't have gotten stuck all the way to the frame rails. From how deep you are, and judging by the underlayer mud that is thrown up all over the side of your car and its sliders, once you stopped, you gunned it and dug yourself in even deeper.

You had a winch. Great. Where's your anchor or pull-pal? You're in the desert, genius--what were you planning to winch off of? A nearby tree?

Did you have a shovel? If so, great, if not, what the fuck?

Obviously someone brought some plywood. Good thinking...did they also bring you the shovel?

Looking at your tires, did you try airing down at all? Or did you keep your Dunkin' Donuts General Grabbers all hard and slippery? Why would you spring the $$$ for that fancy-schmancy Calmini bumper and retain those shitty tires? You a Gear Queer, Cary?

Where was your jack? You had a shovel to dig, plywood to use as a base, a jack to raise a tire, and more wood to throw in the hole? Plus how many guys helping you? And finally another truck?

You had all these chances to not get stuck. Once stuck, you had all the equipment and muscle you needed to get out.

And you were there HOW LONG? That's sad, Cary.

Cary, with all this, do you think you are still a good enough driver to lead a convoy into the desert? Founding member or not, you should know how to drive on a salt marsh if you're going to pre-run a convoy on a salt marsh! I wouldn't trust anyone to lead me, that got themselves into that situation and couldn't quickly and efficiently get themselves out.

Founding member? Bah! Unfortunately, your timeliness in the club's conception is no indication of you forethought or skill.