Quote:
Originally posted by Funkadelic:
This thread is great. I hope my boss never realises the hours I wasted reading it today. My question is, what did Carey do to alienate himself from SCCX before the stuck-in-the-mud clusterfuck he got himself into?
I pointed out that Xtoolbox was going to NOT pre-run this same trip in 2004. I had lead and pre-ran it in 2001, 2002 & 2003. I offered to pre-run. No one stepped up. I made the mistake of asking him if he had gotten the required Mojave National Preserve Permit.

It got me banned for life. [Freak]

The irony is with his bravado he said he would go first across Soda Lake with his "balding AT's with a stock 4x4". Anyone notice he chickened out and sent others to take the pictures in this XOC thread? [Freak]

His "permitting stuff" is his George Orwellian double speak for he didn't bother to get the permit.

Quote:
Originally posted by LAXterra:
So has anyone got the permit yet?

Has anyone pre-ran Soda Lake yet? wink

Mid Hills got 1.74 inches of rain on 7th and 8th of this month. This all flows to Soda Lake.

Let me know. I am available tomorrow (Thursday 11/18/04) to pre-run. laugh

(866) 2-XTERRA (SCCX Hotline)
Quote:
Originally posted by Xtoolbox:
Everything looking great for this run laugh weather in the 60-70’s

I’ve been told that Soda is passable but yeah won’t hurt to scout it out. Either way I’ll go first wink if I can make it with my balding AT’s with a stock 4x4 then nobody else should have problems.

Please confirm your planned attendance and let me know where you plan on meeting the group? 11/20 Xvoy Meet at the Chevron on foothill at 7:15am or Afton Cyn? I’m not planning on hang out much so please be on time. Plans at: http://www.geocities.com/xtoolbox/xcursion59.html

We will go over the permitting stuff and whatnot before the run. Promises to be a great time just like all the Mojave rd runs are.

Brian
http://www.sccxterra.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=2151&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=4

Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860