Quote:
Originally posted by Shahram:
Jesus H. Christ...I really only NOW started looking at this picture. It really does say a thousand words.

C'mon, Cary, let's take a look. Since you've decided to air your laundry, everyone else should come along too.

Yes lets just see how good of a arm chair quarterback you are!

Quote:
When you started to penetrate the crust, which is substantial (even in wet conditions), and slowed, according to the tire tracks behind you in some of the photos, you did what EVERY DESERT GUIDE IN EXISTENCE tells you not to do: you kept going, instead of hanging a wide U-Turn.
Mr. Arm Chair. A wide U-Turn? Right into the softer... none beaten path. That's pure genius!

Quote:
You had a winch. Great. Where's your anchor or pull-pal? You're in the desert, genius--what were you planning to winch off of? A nearby tree?
Mr. Arm Chair. I had a pull-pay. Bought it in 2003 to anchor my Xterra encase Xtoolbox sank his Land Cruiser. I would have a anchor to winch him out.

Quote:
Originally posted by Xtoolbox:
CARY has lead the group in the past so I would think he would be a good choice for a group leader especially with the way is truck is outfitted if he wants to? I know he has a portable winch that I hope he now has wired up?
http://www.sccxterra.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=1524&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=60

First put the winch in the back. Pulled out half the cable. Pulled the pull-pal all the way to me. Pulled out to the last wrap. Pulled the pull-pal all the way to me. Pulled out my 75 foot extension cable and hooked it onto the end of the winch line. Pulled the pull-pal all the way to me.

Did the same in front of me. It pulled the pull-pal but slower. Therefore I realized the only way out was forward.

Quote:
Looking at your tires, did you try airing down at all? Or did you keep your Dunkin' Donuts General Grabbers all hard and slippery? Why would you spring the $$$ for that fancy-schmancy Calmini bumper and retain those shitty tires? You a Gear Queer, Cary?
Mr. Arm Chair. "Looking at your tires..." what PSI did I have in them? With the tires not formed around a rock and not even visible in the mud... how much? BFG 31x10.5x15 All Terrians. A whole lot better then Xtoolbox had in 2004. About what the group that left me had. [Freak] Expect they were not locked.

Quote:
Where was your jack? You had a shovel to dig, plywood to use as a base, a jack to raise a tire, and more wood to throw in the hole? Plus how many guys helping you? And finally another truck?
My 48" and 60" were in the back of my Xterra along with one of my wide hi-lift platforms. The other was around 50 plus inches under the crust. Two guys in one anchor truck helped me. ALOT more stood around and took pictures behind my back.

Quote:
And you were there HOW LONG? That's sad, Cary.

Blah, Blah, Blah.
Stuck on Thursday. Un-stuck on Saturday. I would call that 2 days. Some people in the group said I was stuck for 4 days. [Freak] What is sad is the level people will go to avoid laws, By-Laws, rules, etc.

Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860