Quote:
Originally posted by LAXterra:

Originally posted by xterrah:

The recovery truck you hired and a backhoe were already out there trying to extract you. And even they were unable to get you out until much later in the day. Nothing we could do. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, the recovery vehicle busted a hydraulic line leaking oil and causing a section of the trail to be damaged in a very sensitive area; possibly irreversible forever. You can see the oil around your tires in the pictures below.

Some vehicles had to try to get past you and made tracks off route, which goes against the special wilderness designation of the area.

When we were driving toward Soda Lake, a couple of ATV riders rode up to us and told us that there was an Xterra stuck out on the lake.

The information regarding the recovery details quoted above is what was relayed to us by them. It was not something we made up from 300 feet away or from imagination. There was no reason for us not to have believed the ATV riders at the time. Apparently they were mistaken in some respects.

If you had come right out from the beginning with an explanation of what really happened rather than trying to cover up your mistake, there would not have been the miscommunication in the chain of events. For the first time you are now explaining what happened from your viewpoint.

Quote:
Xterrah... so if I was still stuck... what would you have done? The same thing you did when you were 300 yards away...

Uh, yeahhh. I wasn't about to drive out onto unsafe terrain and get myself stuck. I would have called some professionals in the area that had proper recovery gear and experience to help you out. But you had already done that and they were already there. Not much more I could have done.

Maybe offer you a ride, offer you some food and water, offer to help. But that had already been done and you had refused. Not much more I could have done.

I heard WolfmanX over the radio saying that you told him you didn't want our help. That is when we decided to leave. It was a slap in our face. It was as if you had said "sure, I'm stuck and can't get out, but there is no way I want YOUR help."

Cary - Are you ready to let this and all your other issues go yet? It doesn't seem right our having to respond to your accusations, which in turn only makes you look bad. But maybe you are really enjoying this?