Quote:
Originally posted by DobermanN:
Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
[b]If a child sets the house on fire w/ the stove, should we ban that, too???
If a kid plays with the stove and accidently set fire, he'll more than likely have time to get out of the house, his life is safe, stuff can be replaced. If he plays with a gun and accidently shoots a round, it ends there.
I'm all for mandatory storage laws, as strict as possible, because even though I raise my child as good as I want/can, I have no control over the dumbass kids of the dumbass neighboors. I can even tell my kids no to play with the dumbass kids, but shit still happens.

Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
Don't blame the gun. Blame the dumbass owner.
Its not about blame, its about prevention.[/b]
blame leads to prevention. That's the whole problem. Idiots blame the gun manufacturers for making something that can kill, so then the next step is to "prevent" it from happening, by banning the guns.

Personally, I don't own a gun. But it doesn't bother me if somebody else does. I don't, 'cause I've got enough expensive hobbies.

But for cripes sake, if you're dumb enough to leave your gun out where your 6 year old can shoot 'em self with it, then maybe you personally shouldn't be allowed to have a gun... But not because of the gun; because you're stupid. Stupidity should be painful.

On a somewhat brighter/skewed look at it, though... If you're dumb enough to not lock up your gun, odds are, your offspring is pretty stupid, too... So if one dies, that's 1 less stupid person in the world... May as well die when it's young, 'stead of letting it grow up stupid.

[Finger]