Quote:
Originally posted by off2cjb:
I don't care how much you teach a child about guns, they will go after them. The same rule applies to men; if you place a good lookin' woman in front of him who wants to have sex with him, he will go with that woman, married or not. Now not every time, but he will. Guess what, he knows the risk. He was taught to respect his wife and not commit adultery. He will still go. The same with kids. Locks and safes only make the owners feel safe and gives them an excuse when things go wrong. You like guns, good. You want guns, good. Keep them at the hunting cabin. Keep them at the local range. Not at home.
I agree with you a lot, but this time you're full of shit. Teach the kids proper use and put them through a hunter safety program. Then be an active PARENT. My dad did it with his 3 sons, and I've taught my son how to use the weapons too. No problems. Ever. The guns are kept in their cases and the ammo is locked up in the safe along with my loaded .45. Please, don't ever move to the same state I live in and share your distorted views on guns with any of the local politicians. The NRA is in place because of opinions like this.

When I was a kid I was shooting in competition. (metallic silohuette - age 12, 13, 14). Won some trophies. Took second place in the state in Junior class....I'm very grateful my dad took the time to spend with me to teach me safe handling of firearms. A gun is simply a tool like a knife, a shovel, or a screwdriver. Put it in the hands of an idiot and that's when the bad things happen. My son can handle a gun more safely than most adults because I took the time to teach him.

Guns will always be in my home. It's my 2nd amendment right.