Quote:
Originally posted by Desert_Rat:
Off2cjb....you're dead wrong. My brothers and I NEVER had that temptation. NEVER. It's when you hide guns from the kids and never teach them anything about them is when the temptations become too much. If the kids know they can go out shooting with Dad, it's a ton different.

My kids won't either. Handguns should stay locked up. They're not going to take any of my long guns anywhere. They know those are off limits.

Here's your problem. You're not giving KIDS enough credit. Look back in history and you'll see teens with huge responsibilities. In today's world, kids aren't maturing as fast as they used to because old fashioned parenting and placing responsibility on the kids has gone away. I still subscribe to those principles and work every day to teach our kids about responsibility.
I agree and sort of support your argument, but it only takes ONE time. Only one. Why play those odds when you don't have too. I fully support the 2nd admendment and served 13 years protecting that admendment, but you know what, the British aren't coming.