As a hunter/gun owner/anti gun law person who now has a 19month old daughter, let me way in.

I've been around guns my entire life. Shot my first .22 at age 6. Began hunting at 13.

I had shot and learned how to clean everything from .22's to 30.06's by 16.

Guns are tools like anything else. Learn how to use it, maintain it, and respect it, and teach your own to do the same and you'll be okay. I'm more worried about my daughter having an accident in the kitchen than I am about her getting a hold of my firearm, and when she is old enough(by my judging) I'll teach her all about it, because by then, I'll be more worried about boys getting a hold of my daughter.

In the grand scheme of things to worry about, a handgun in the home is not even on the radar.

Is that right or wrong? I don't really care, it's right in my home and that's all that matters to me.

As to xterrapin and SF banning guns. What is that going to accomplish? It really is so simple. The criminal element in the city will still have them, and those that refuse to give them up will become criminal. How's that a solution? How about our justice system actually following through with upholding the laws in place to begin with?