Quote:
Originally posted by Samueul:
Just to shut everyone up.

Please see: http://www.xterraownersclub.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=008932

enough said.....
The reason why I posted this and the article that Samueul quoted was to pretty much point out that today the discipline of kids is way not the same as it used to be. I may be young (only 21 smile ) and not know a few things about this life but I can surely attest to how kids are raised these days.

One day standing inside McDonalds I overhear the follwing. I'll stay as close to the quote as I can from memory.

Mom: "What do you want to eat?"
Kid: "...a double cheeseburger"
Mom to employee: "Can we have a cheesburger and a small coke?"
Kid (something along the lines of): "Mom, I told you DOUBLE cheesburger!"

Fuck, I would have slapped my kid pretty had if he would disrespect me like that and yell at me!? All she did was ask the employee for a double cheeseburger and said nothing to the kid.

Parents are so much more lenient thse days. I saw that when I worked for Kmart 4-5 years ago and I still see it to this day. Parents often act like they are there to serve the kind and please them no matter what.

Don't get me wrong, not all parents a like that, just a few that I have seen. There have always been 'bad' parents but instances like the original article and such show just how much discipline, respect, values, control and responsibility have lost their value. Someone on here said that kids used to mature earlier and that's true because they were held accountable and had to help out family since early age because their help was needed and expected.