Quote:
Originally posted by WilMac1023:
Sigh...I thought we were done, but I guess you can't let it go...let me try to explain again.

I just find it absolutely amazing that (it seems like) every gun owner on this board has some sort of story about how an intruder broke into their home and the only thing that saved them was a gun. Every time this comes up, every single gun nut on this board starts telling stories about how it saved their lives, and I just find that unbelievable.

I've never had a gun in my house, and I've never been broken into. I know friends of mine that do not own guns, and they've never been broken into. Yet, for some reason, if you own a gun on this board, it's somehow saved your life at some point.

I mean, with those odds, I'd rather not have one.

I'm not saying that you haven't had this happen to you. (I did yesterday, but that's because I got irritated at work, and took it out on this thread)

However, I do find it simply amazing that every single gun owner on this board has a story to tell about how it saved their life, or one of their "close personal friends" lives.
Ok, I do see your point, and completely understand your stance. I can't speak for the validity of any other stories other than my own, and being that you don't know me personally, I would only expect you or anyone else to question the integrity of the happenings.

Nothing like that has not happened since, although I have been in situations where I would have felt more 'comfortable' having one. I'm just of the frame of mind that as long as a criminal has the avenue to obtain a gun and POSSIBLY cause danger to me or my household, then I would like to be able to defend myself.

It may be a screwed outlook and frame of mind, but that's just the way I was brought up...