Quote:
Originally posted by WilMac1023:
Quote:
Originally posted by great pyr-hauler:
[b]I own 2 guns, & never been broken into. I don't even have any good shooting stories. Does that lower the odds to your liking Wil? Does that make the others more believable?
Slightly, but since nobody ever says this, it makes the eight other stories you'll hear in a thread seem like everyone has one.

After three years of reading this board, yesterday I had just had enough and went off. I've worked for the PD for five years, and have never heard the gunslinger stories like I hear on here. And one would think that I would have, if they happen with the frequency that this board says they do.

Am I asking for a ban on guns? No. (I have in the past, but have changed my mind. Who am I to tell someone else what to do, espically if they're a cognizent and educated gun owner?)

My point was just that I was having difficulty believing some of the hero stories I read on here every time someone brings up gun rights. It just seemed like every time this subject got brought up, SOMEBODY has to tell their "Yeah, he was robbing me and so I grabbed my twelve gauge that I sleep with under my pillow, and blew that bastard away!" story.

And, with the day I had yesterday, I had had enough.

So, ok...you've got your story. I've said my peace on this, and it is now down for the record.

Now, who's got some titty pictures?? [LOL] [/b]
What was so heroic about my stories? I was scared shitless and didn't even come face to face with whoever it was that broke in? I had my firearm, and I yelled through a door that I was armed, end of story. I could have not had the firearm and did the same thing with the same outcome, but if the person on the other side decided to come in, then well, I'm glad I actually did have a firearm with me.

My uncle was also very afraid, and I think reacted out of fear more than bravado...

If it makes you feel any better, every other household in my family also owns guns and I know of no "defense" stories bad or good, from them, though I have a 15 year old cousin in the grave cause some 13 year old fuck stabbed him in the neck at a schoolbus stop........