Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
Not to call some people out, but damn! Y'all have got to relax a little bit.

The original poster is wanting to know how he can freaking pass people (or even just keep up w/ the traffic, depending on when/where he is), without his X dry humping itself...

Speed doesn't kill. Speed differential kills. If you're keeping up w/ traffic, that's inherently safer than going the speed limit, regardless of how fast the traffic is going. If traffic is cruising at 80 in a 55, then if you're doing 55 and get hit, there's a 25 mph differential, and bad things can happen. The same bad things that would happen if you're cruising the same highway at 55, and hit someone going 30.

It's like we're surrounded by 100% law abiding people, here... This cracks me up, whenever I see posts like this...

If I don't maintain at least 75 mph on my way to work, I'll get run over. Don't know about y'alls cities, or where you live, but just try driving the speed limit someday, and watch the traffic fly by... Good luck with that. Be sure to keep a good eye on the rearview, 'cause you're gonna' have the front end of some vehicle shoved right up through your backseat...
I gotta disagree. I drive the speed limit all the time, whether in a car or on a motorcycle. I have yet to have an issue with someone shoving their front end through my backseat, and if it did happen at least I will not be at fault. More things to take into consideration in an accident then just how fast you were travelling. One of which is, how fast the ass who hit you was travelling....

As far as the traffic "flying by", who cares? Is it a race. If you are travelling 75mph in a 55mph zone and are coming up on me in the right lane fast, then who's responsibility is it to take action? Me doing the legal speed limit or you? If you decide, screw it, i'm just gonna keep on barrellling down on this guy, and you hit me, because I didn't change lanes, then guess what. You're the one at fault. If you decide to switch lanes and blow by me, then guess what? No harm no foul. I continue to drive safely and you continue to build up your stress level....