When I was in school, I sat through the Pledge, Not so Much that I was at the time an Atheist, just that I though it stupid to repeat something over and over and over and over..... I do think that "Under God" is totally unnecessary. Though I would not have gone so far as to sue to remove it, I agree with the merit of the case. Religion belongs in your own home, or your own church. God, though Non denominational, is a product of religion, and has not business in schools, in and way. When I played Football we were told to take a knee ( something Jews do not do, ever) and bow our heads when a prayer to Christ was offered up, to keep us safe... I was not offended by it though I did not participate in it, and I got no flak from the team, Probably because I was 6'3" and 178 as a freshman... I must say I am more concerned about the erosion of science classes and the "intelligent design" debate raging in the south now. I look at this case and it think it acts as a check to the Religious right who has gotten very active and bold in the Bush era, to say, the Constitution protects us ALL regardless of faith creed color culture, or Hopefully someday sexual orientation.