Quote:
Originally posted by PDXterra:

Jesus christ, I'm so tired of this crap. Being on the "left" doesn't automatically make you an anti-war, dope-smoking, I sympathize with terrorists, Michael Moore is my butt-buddy, I live in San Francisco, gays are my friend type of person. The same goes for the stereotypical "right" winger, a.k.a. I'm Christian, I'm white, I own guns, I hate fags, I hate all social services, I love war, and I'm rich, biatch.

You can be "left" and still have rational thoughts and intelligent ideas, just as you can be on the "right" and still have rational thoughts and intelligent ideas. I can't believe that at this point in the Bush administration people are still trying to break things down to a "left" versus "right" perspective.

Yeah, I listen to liberal talk radio, and I listen to right wing talk radio too, and I try to take a little common sense from both sides and form my own opinions. The sad truth is, the liberal side of the media constantly attacks the Bush administration for every little stupid thing they can, while right-minded individuals are fed total bullshit propaganda by the conservative media about how "lefties are destroying our country" and that we have messed up family values, blah blah blah. There's so much shit-flinging going on that people are losing track of the issues at hand.

Stop and think for a minute. There are extremes on both "sides" of any political/religious/cultural debate. When you start saying things like "leftys are without rational thought," you basically close the lines of communication, and about 40% of the population basically gives you a mental "fuck you" and stops listening to anything you have to say, even if it is a rational, intelligent idea. In the same sense, if I called rightys a bunch of bible-thumping inbreds, I'd be waving my right to an intelligent discussion with anyone who considers themselves a Republican, or right-wing minded.

All I'm saying is, pull your head out of your ass every once in awhile instead of just regurgitating some politically-inspired mantra about lefties doing this, or righties doing that. The reason I get so frustrated with comments like the one I quoted, is that I've seen several people on this board write intelligent, interesting posts, and then the whole left-versus-right crap comes into the picture and the discussion turns into a pissing match. Stop pissing, start listening.
I was talking to Branden Burden. I was specifically addressing his brand of leftism.

Do you have some type of complex or something? Do you have a chip on your shoulders?

In some bizarre way you felt because "leftism" was mentioned, it's also directed towards you? That compelled you to your ridiculous tirade.

I think you need to pull your head out of your ass. I was listening. I was listening to Branden's insanity and I responded.

The question seems, were you listening? The answer is obviously no. You prefered to jump in and attack me for my response to his lunacy.

Is that an admission of support for Branden's lunacy and the "leftism" of which it is derived?