Quote:
Originally posted by FlyFishingX:

Fuck off Madman. You are intelligent. Your mind should be beyond this black-and-white world of left and right. PDX has every right to respond to your generalization of "leftists." Don't put him in the same boat as that whack-job Burden either. That's just ludicrous. Give me a break.
Again Madman, I respect your intelligence. You're one of the brightest people on this site. But [Save the fine unicorns] about you leftist generalizations. It's really old, and I've only been around here four months.
Give me a break with that bullshit FlyFishing.

First of all I was correct in what I said about Branden. We both know him from the board long enough to know he is a left wing liberal. He's even admitted it so I've made no assumptions related to him.

I wasn't putting PDX in the same category as Branden. He did however feel the need to jump in with his take on politics in America directed at me. He felt that was more important than the discussion with Branden.

I don't believe in a black-and-white world as you say. I however don't believe everything is an endless shade of gray either, as some would like to have it portrayed.

If I make a generalization that there is very little rational thought on the left, that is my opinion. I'm entitled to that opinion and it wasn't arrived at with just a whim. If someone takes it personally, that is their problem. I'm generally a conservative yet I don't become highly insulted if someone calls me a "right winger" or complains about the right regardless of the various generalizations that may come with that label. If people are too touchy that is their problem. If you're touchy about it, that is your problem.

If your goal is to remove all generalizations from political discussions, that is not going to happen. There are some "generalizations" as you say that are based in hard facts. For example the feelings and attitudes of the left in America and Europe towards Israel.

We were talking about Israel weren't we?

Oh, by the way Fly... Fuck Off... [Freak]