Quote:
Originally posted by PDXterra:

Ok, I'll take these one at a time.

No chips on any shoulders. Complex? No no no, I think you are confused - I have what is known as an opinion.

If you were talking to Branden specifically, I missed that - your post states, "For you people on the left, reality and rational thought is something that was lost a long time ago." How am I supposed to ascertain that you were only referring to Miner Boy over there? By lumping us "lefties" into a single group I assumed you meant anyone who considered themselves to be on the left side of the political spectrum. You've done it in several posts (as lots of people have, on both sides of the political spectrum) and I'm just kind of tired of being grouped with people like Miner Boy, or Frontier (who is obviously on the right, but I agree with him on some things, and lots of lefties have attacked the right on this board).

In general, I consider msyelf to be liberal, thus I took offense to you stating that we're a bunch of people without "rational thought." FYI, I have a lot of views that stray from the left, and I'll defend those views as well. My "ridiculous tirade" wasn't specifically directed towards you, it was directed towards the entire board. You'll notice in my post I said "comments like the one I quoted," not "everything Madman says!"

Look, I know you have some intelligent things to say. In fact, plenty of people here do (Shahram in '08) and that's why I stray from endless threads about tire sizes and MPG. Unlike people like "Off," I like reading your posts because it's obvious you've done some research, and you know what you're talking about.

I just feel that many of these threads turn into World War I style combat. People dig a trench on their side of the political fence, hunker down, then throw grenades at each other. Meanwhile, the fucking illegals are crossing over the fence day and night, and we're too busy with these "left-versus-right" arguments to do anything about it!
Alright. You consider yourself a liberal. Why would you think the term "leftist" or "leftie" applies to you?

You can be a liberal without being a leftist.

As I stated earlier, there are certain things that are endemic to each side in left vs right political philosophies. However many people don't know or are able to recognize many aspects. Some don't want certain aspects revealed. Many do throw around generalizations.

You just mentioned the illegals. I've seen some people in the past on this board who would have called you a racist for complaining about the illegals. Branden has called us racists in a thread for complaining about illegals.

The difference is I know what the distinctions are. If I make a statement it's rarely if ever a generalization. I'm doing it because I know the aspects that are endemic to the various political trains of thought.

So, getting back on topic... What do you think of those Israeli's? eek