Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
If I make a statement it's rarely if ever a generalization. I'm doing it because I know the aspects that are endemic to the various political trains of thought.
Oh c'mon now, you're joking right? In this thead alone you've referred to the several million people living around Israel (in adjacent countries) as "bloodthirsty vermin." I call that "generalization."

Yes, I know the difference between "leftists" and liberals, but while the bulk of my views are best described as liberal, some are considered leftist, and others are on the right hand side of the picture (immigration being one, plus I happen to own a few firearms).

Still, the point of my "tirade" wasn't to derail the topic, just to remind people that - political groups aside - most of us happen to have similar goals in life. Compelling discussion rarely ensues comments such as "you people are withouth rational thought." It's human nature to take the defensive, you can't argue with that. I'll make an attempt at deciphering who you're criticizing in the future.

So, back to that topic.

Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:

So, getting back on topic... What do you think of those Israeli's? eek

The Israelis, IMO, are welcome to do as they please. The Israeli military is also very advanced (at least from what I've read) and they're more likely to make tactical strikes as opposed to just wiping out an entire city block.

However, I am scared shitless that we're going to get involved military-wise due to our political stance with Israel, and knowing that holy wars are generally pretty brutal, I'm worried that Iraq was only the tip of the iceberg concerning our middle-eastern meddling.